Ukraine is facing a new threat of invasion from Russia. Seven years of war have already left Ukraine with 14,000 dead soldiers and civilians, with an additional 1.4 million forced to flee their homes.
A further Russian invasion will be catastrophic for the civilian population. The elderly, vulnerable, children and families are at risk of losing their homes and access to medical and other vital services. The psychological trauma of war will affect generations.
Our Ukrainian Churches and community organisations have united to work with accredited and registered Ukrainian charities to provide medicines, food and critical services to support the most vulnerable to overcome the consequences and trauma of war.
We are asking all our members, communities and supporters to do everything they can to raise funds to #HELPUKRAINE. Donations will be used to fund immediate emergency and ongoing needs, including for example:
- £8: 2 woollen blankets for individuals or emergency shelters
- £23: A food and hygiene pack for one adult for a month or 30 thermal foil blankets for emergency use
- £70: A food and hygiene pack for a family of four for a month
- £500: Towards crisis counselling, support services, and children’s services
- £1,500: A basic emergency medicine pack for 1,000 people for three months
- £3,700: Medicine and pharmaceutical pack for 10,000 people for three months
The more we collect, the more we’ll be able to help – particularly with the longer-term impacts of hostilities, displacement and poverty on families, children, the elderly and those with special needs.
The food, hygiene and medical packs comply with specifications set by the World Food Programme, UNICEF and the World Health Organisation (IEHK 2017).
If the crisis passes, the emergency medicine/food/hygiene packs that you have helped to buy will be released to hospitals and to Ukrainian accredited charitable organisations for distribution to those in desperate need.
How to donate:
- Through parishes and branches of partner organisations
- Direct to the central appeal fund AUGB Ltd, 80038237, 20-65-89, with reference HelpUkraine
- Through our fundraising page on GoFundMe by following the link https://rb.gy/dcqgcc